home about tour our home shop contact

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Antiquing... aka looking at used stuff

One of my fav things to do is check out the consignment, thrift, and antique shops for decor and furniture. I guess I get tired of the same ol' big box store items and want to see something different. Old stuff definitely adds character and depth to a room. Here are some finds from a trip around town with the bug last Friday:

At the shop, I couldn't think of where I had seen something like this gold trunk (?I'm not sure if it opened) before but today it occurred to me while watching Secrets From A Stylist; it's just like the cube version Emily Henderson has in her studio on the show.

Gorgeous, no? I love the look of curved metal.

Ugly, right? No! This thing is rad. It was like the perfect size, not bulky and wide like most dressers, and look at all those drawers! Paint that sucker up any color you like, add some interesting pulls, and it would be perfect in any bedroom or entry way. (I'm thinking something dramatic like black or bright like turquoise.)

I know this looks grandma, but I can't resist a great chintz pattern. What can I say, I'm a sucker for the english cottage look.

This is a pretty generic bedside table painted pink but at $24 it'd save you well over a hundred bucks over something similar from PB. And how cute is that stripped basket?! 


There were quite a few other (some better) pieces, but after stopping and going at a few stores Ella had "had it' for the day and begun to fuss when ever I tried to take pic while holding her hand so that she wouldn't run off. Maybe she was seeing something awesome that I wasn't.   



1 comment:

  1. Love, love, love the antique brass trunk! That could be so cool in a space.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...